Friday 20 October 2006

Appearances

Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what the appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.

Epictetus also said, "Practice yourself, for heaven's sake, in little things, and thence proceed to greater."

Thus have I considered appearances this week and changed mine own. Black befits a widow, and though I mourned then, I am preparing to greet the World today in Sanguine, the colour of cheerfullness, hopefullness and a confident temperament. I am boldened to proclaim I am what I appear to be, and have aimed rightly and struck my mark wisely. My villa and my appearance are all so much practice behind me. Today I plan my first steps into the wider World.

And to my horror I discovered my black attire was so like a desititute version of Osprey Therian's handsome appearance as to suggest Plagiarism!

No comments: